Monday, October 22, 2007

Nick Cave Pwns the Arias, Powderfinger


The Australian music industry may be ready to embrace Nick Cave with an induction into the ARIA Hall of Fame this weekend, but the iconic musician isn't returning the love.

"I'm actually dreading it to be completely honest because I have to go to the ARIA Awards," Cave said.

"That's something I've been avoiding for 25 years because I think it's so f...ing tedious.

"But I think I'm allowed to come in the back door, get inducted - however they're going to induct me - and leave and go and get a kebab."

...

But asked whether he was keen to catch up with any of his contemporaries at the ARIA Awards, Cave responded dryly: "Yes, I'm desperately excited, I'm extremely excited to hang out with Powderfinger."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/cave-dreading-aria-induction/2007/10/22/1192940958797.html

No comments: